The conflict between individualism and societal conformance has been fiercer in recent times. There is disruption to the family structure, increase in clamor for feminism and sexual preferences, popularization of atheism among one-time theists, rebellion against artistic standards, ethnic insurgence and domestic terrorism, redefinition of moral values, glamorization of nudity, proliferation of pornography, celebration of drug addiction, modification of the body, glorification of sexual orgies and beatification of profanity. The list of anarchic disruption of values and social expectation is endless.
In tandem with modern realities, Anarchi is a celebration of breakdown of social hibition and restrictive values imposed on the individual will and freedom to live as one chooses. It is an attack on mores established to keep society from self-destruction.
Anarchi– preserving the individual freedom!
Poets are expected to demonstrate why social mores are destructive to the individual will, and why free will should mean the freedom to do as willed without any moral, religious, artistic, legal or communal repercussion.
- The poem strictly must be between 6 and 10 lines
- Each line must make a complete sense
- The poem must show how anarchy is preferred to social order and values
- The form of the poem must symbolize a break from traditional styles
- The language must be as chaotic as the content of the poem – profanity is expected
- Themes to disrupt include: Identity, Sexuality, Gender, Religion, Theism, Politics, Justice, Communalism, Traditions, Individuality, Education, Crime, Love, Morality, Body, etc.
- Submission opens July 1– 10
Winner receives a #10,000 cash prize.